Internal Auditor duties and responsibilities
The role of an Internal Auditor covers a range of duties and responsibilities, including:
- Conducting regular reviews and audits of the company’s business activities
- Evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls
- Identifying and reporting on areas of weakness in internal controls and business practices
- Offering recommendations to manage risk, and encourage compliance with existing internal controls and external requirements
- Preparing an audit work program with a focus on the specific risks to be addressed
- Maintaining comprehensive work papers and audit trail
- Providing analysis that may lead to enhanced security and operational efficiencies
Internal Auditor qualifications and requirements
It is highly desirable for an Internal Auditor to hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Business Studies.
Additional accounting qualifications to consider include CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or CCSA (Certification in Control Self-Assessment).
An Internal Auditor should also have the following personal skills and experience:
- Three or more years of internal audit experience
- A good understanding of Japanese Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (JGAAP), US GAAP, or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ability to work independently, manage concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Clear and concise documentation skills
- Excellent Japanese and English business language skills – both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with a wide cross-section of the company team and external auditors
Are you looking for an Internal Auditor role? View our latest Internal Auditor jobs here.