The security of IT systems and data is a key priority for business organisations and this is underpinning strong demand for professionals with skills in IT security.
The role of an IT Security Manager involves establishing and maintaining effective security policies and identifying and managing security risks. Responsibilities include performing regular tests and assessments of the IT system including infrastructure and applications, to identify possible weaknesses and areas that require risk mitigation.
In addition, the IT Security Manager will oversee the production of written materials outlining IT security procedures, and conduct training sessions to ensure all employees understand and adhere to security policies. The IT Security Manager also liaises with internal and external auditors to review the effectiveness and compliance of security measures.
- Oversee the effective operation of an organisation’s security solutions through the selection of appropriate security initiatives
- Establish security policies and procedures and ensure all employees are aware of, and follow, these policies
- Conduct vulnerability audits and assessments and develop plans to manage business disruption
- Collaborate with the CIO and other business leaders to enhance the security vision of the organisation
- Stay up to date with the latest security threats and solutions
In addition to a degree in Computer Science or related field, plus five years’ experience working within an IT security environment, candidates for an IT Security Manager role will need to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Strong understanding of networks and IT security solutions
- Knowledge of the development, deployment and maintenance of security policies, procedures, standards and strategies
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical concepts to a wide range of colleagues and business partners
- Good collaborative skills to work as part of a broader IT team
Please note, this is an average across various industries. To compare your salary, and receive data on salaries for your sector, visit our salary calculator.
Search for IT security manager jobs in Japan below:
Browse through our current list of IT security jobs in Japan below, or contact a Robert Half recruitment consultant to discuss further opportunities.