As a Product Controller, you will be responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of a trading desk, ensuring the accuracy of trades and liaising with the broader finance team. Product controllers need to produce Profit and Loss (P&L) accounts on a regular basis including daily and weekly, as well as quarterly. A Product Controller needs to analyse the figures on P&L for risk and market trends, and ensure adherence to trading limits and broader compliance requirements. As a Product Controller you will need to conduct in-depth risk analysis and be competent in the use of risk modelling systems. Strong communication skills are essential as a Product Controller is called on to liaise across a variety of different departments.
- Complete profit and loss analyses on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Perform ongoing price verification procedures to ensure appropriate valuation of firm inventory.
- Assess new trades for valuation, accounting treatment, and disclosure in financial statements.
- Evaluate capital requirements for the trading business.
- Produce financial statements, and identify and meet compliance disclosures.
- Liaise with the broader financial reporting team.
A degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance is highly desirable for a Product Controller role, and professional certifications such as a CA or CPA may be required by some organisations.
In addition, candidates for a Product Controller role will need to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Excellent knowledge of money markets.
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of net present value, net interest income, and mark to market concepts.
- Confidence to work quickly and under pressure in an environment where markets can change rapidly.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- Proficiency with Excel.
Please note, this is an average across various industries. To compare your salary, and receive data on salaries for your sector, visit our salary calculator.
Search for Product Controller jobs in Japan below:
Browse through our current list of product control jobs in Japan below, or contact a Robert Half recruitment consultant to discuss further opportunities.