Have an account? Sign In
¥8M - ¥10M / annum
October 25, 2019
Finance and accounting
- Manages all Finance functions in Osaka office including; Financial Planning & Analysis, Risk Management, Accounting, and Treasury. Will oversee a team that will consist of both degreed professionals and administrative and/or financial clerks.
- Manage and develop strategic planning, performance metrics, management reporting, annual budgets, forecasts and financial analyses for the Office
- Responsible for providing financial analysis and support to local executives and coordinating results with Corporate office.
- Provides input for development of annual operating budget in coordination with local executives and Corporate office.
- Provides monthly variance analysis comparing actual financial results with planned results.
- Handles monthly financial and cash reporting to management and its corporate team.
- Leads team responsible for weekly and monthly processing of vendor and partner invoices and payments, consultant commissions and customer refunds.
- Leads the team tasked with resolving customer and consultant payments, payment methods and refund cases in conjunction with the Operations and FMC teams in Osaka.
- Partner with department heads to drive results and efficiencies in overhead spend
- Serves as a local Finance contact for Japanese banking partners along with corporate management (SMBC, JPB, MUFJ)
- Serves as local Finance contact along with corporate finance team for payment processing partners (Paygent, MUFJ, SMBC Finance, WorldPay)
- Responsible for processing tax payments to the local agencies.
- Prepares documentation and reporting as requested for the staff and local authorities.
- Prepares year-end tax reporting to independent consultants for commissions paid.
- Direct report to local Director with dotted-line responsibility to management team.
- 10-15 years of experience in finance/accounting.
- 5-7 years proven successful management experience.
- College or University degree with Finance or Accounting major.
- Working knowledge of Japanese and international accounting rules.
- Prior international company experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Japanese taxes and withholdings; tax payment processes and scheduling; year-end tax reporting to independent contractors
- English - Must have strong command of English written and spoken language, both in conversational and business, where candidate will interact comfortably with others in a business setting.
- Japanese - Expert-Level of Japanese is required. Candidate will negotiate and deal with third parties, customers and consultants on behalf of the firm.
- Advanced MS-Excel skills, familiarity with online banking software and experience with Microsoft Great Plains preferred.
- Ability to present complex concepts and financial models to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work in a high activity office under continuous change and growth.
OsakaOsaka Center Bldg. 13F
jp +816 6244 7990