Head of Finance
¥15M - 20M / annum
May 16, 2019
Finance and accounting
Global Healthcare Company listed on the NYSE. HQ located in the US. The company is a leader in their industry and have seen year on year growth globally and in Japan. Exciting growth phase.
This is a Head of Finance position that will be responsible for Japan and Korea. The role is mainly focused on FP&A, business partnering and working closely with Senior Management to help drive the business. This person is a key decision maker for two entities.
Some of the tasks include:
• Provides hands on management of accounting, reporting, budgeting and analysis
• Provide strong financial decision support to leadership on key commercial decisions and business strategies.
• Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP, local/statutory accounting standards, policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations.
• Oversight for monthly/quarterly close, monthly reviews with Share Service Centre, account reconciliations, and corporate requests for data to fulfill external reporting requirements.
• Ensure the establishment and monitoring of policies and procedures, cascade regulatory and accounting policy throughout market and serves as a resource in all aspects of country level finance.
• Oversight of the organization’s system of internal controls and active management of exceptions. Ensure adequate systems and procedures are in place to provide controls and the efficient execution of financial activities.
• Oversea and liaise coordination of internal audits and external audits
• Drive resource optimization through effective working capital management.
• Ensure the coordination and review of quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations required for consolidated financial reporting.
• Ensure the coordination with local tax authorities on audits.
Your Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of multi-national financial reporting requirements
• SAP experience is a plus
• Large public accounting firm experience a plus
• Proficiency with tax accounting, internal controls, and other related accounting pronouncements and experience in their application
• Demonstrated ability to interact with professionals in various functional areas to resolve complex accounting/tax issues
• Visa or residency in Japan is required
• Fluency in Japanese is essential
What’s on offer?
• Be responsible for two entities. Wide range of knowledge about the business.
• Good culture environment. People Orientated atmosphere
• Drive business change with senior management
• Be part of a globally known expanding company
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Direct experience in managing financial reports and analysis for highly complex, fast growing and diverse businesses
• Strong analytical background with strategic thinking capabilities and attention to detail
• Strong organizational and management skills, including managing direct reports
• In-depth understanding of regulatory/statutory requirements, tax and internal controls /SOX, financial systems and processes
• Flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
TokyoOte Center Bldg, 22F
jp +813 5219 6633