Regional Application Support - ERP
¥8M - ¥10M / annum
Tokyo 23 wards
July 2, 2019
IT and technology
Regional Application Support - ERP Supporting Japan, China, Korea, and India. Use your business level Japanese and English to support the different regions, as well as being the only IT person in Japan, own the role and make it your own!
Provide Application Support within the IT Application Team in APAC Region.
(Japan based Retional Application Support to cover Japan, China, India and Korea)
Service Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and support for application users to ensure that the business application systems supported by the IT Application Central Team are maintained to the highest possible standard with maximum levels of attainable productivity and efficiency.
- Provide support for application configuration and upgrades, and problem analysis and resolution for application problems, in conjunction with the users and external application or service suppliers where necessary.
- Undertake application problem analysis and resolution for application problems in conjunction with the users and application suppliers.
- Assist with implementation of IT application projects. Provide technical input where required.
- Examine application functionality and performance and provide information about how it can be improved.
- Analyse data from systems and produce technical and business reports for consumption by departmental managers.
- Directly provide user training and training materials.
- Proactively manage data quality in some systems.
- Maintain interfaces, exports and imports, and ensure their smooth running where required.
- Manage interfaces, defined operational system processes and data extracts.
- Write, run reports, interfaces and routines to support day-to-day business operations.
- Onboard is part of the team responsible for ensuring new users of an application have a smooth onboarding process. These users could be internal users of the company one works for, or they can be clients of an agency.
- Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required from time to time.
- The service will be delivered from a central hub supporting a number of sites.
- Flexibility will be required in location dependent upon service needs and the requirement to provide cover at all sites.
Person Specification: Application Support Officer Essential Criteria
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A sound understanding of technical IT issues to enable discussions with internal and external technical specialists
- A sound understanding of applications and data security
- Two years' experience within a professional IT environment planning, installing, maintaining, and supporting business applications
- Experience in some aspects of providing IT applications support to users in a customer focused environment
- Experience of implementing and upgrading business applications
- Experience of analysing user needs and requirements, mapping process and documenting the results
- Experience of supporting business application systems
- 2 A Levels or equivalent
- Evidence of some professional and personal learning and development
- Degree or equivalent experience, plus appropriate professional qualification
- Shows some awareness of best practice, the organisation's competitors and their products and services
- Demonstrates confidence in their position
- Is credible and confident when communicating
- Is aware of own emotions and manages them for maximum influence during negotiations
- Delivers what they have agreed with the customer
- Takes action to exceed customer expectations
- Deals effectively with dissatisfied customers
- Promotes and demonstrates continual improvement
- Encourages a safe environment that will facilitate creativity in others and where people are willing to challenge
- Shares innovative practice with others
- Takes responsibility for the outcomes and impact of their decisions
- Incorporates a range of views when making their decisions
- Considers all relevant data when making decisions
- Considers diversity issues when making decisions
TokyoOte Center Bldg, 22F
jp +813 5219 6633