Sr. Database Consultant (Technical Account Manager)
Tokyo 23 wards
October 21, 2019
IT and technology
Are you a Database Specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale database challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new database technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners that use cloud computing web services to run new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
The Client is a Multinational American company and is one of the most valued companies in the world. They will offer an amazing work environment, competitive compensation and a challenging role that will help you grow your skills.
Detailed Job Description:
We are looking for a Specialist Technical Account Manager (STAM) to support our customers across Asia-Pacific, Japan and China (APJC). You would be one of the founding members of a dynamic Asia-Pacific, Japan and China (APJC) team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations
The Specialist TAM will work hand-in-hand with Technical Account Managers, Solutions Architecture, Business Development, Professional Services and Sales. You will collaborate with our customers and partners on achieving operational excellence, post migrating their Database Solutions to the cloud. This role will specifically focus on AWS Database Services such as Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora and Amazon Database Migration Services.
- The candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be a "trusted advisor" to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT pros, and system architects. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or technical sales experience. Very strong Oracle and/or SQL Server experience.
- In depth experience with Database, administration, performance tuning and troubleshooting on one or more of following: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle. Experience setting up and monitoring / alarming for production Database environments
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
- Implementation and tuning experience of Databases including knowledge of Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, and Data Migration and Integration. Experience of requirements for the analytics presentation layer including Dashboards, Reporting, and OLAP.
- Experience in database migrations e.g. Oracle to OpenSource or Cloud-based database.
- Strong understanding of database licensing schemes. Ability to develop TCO models and assess business impacts, ROI etc highly desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- A talent for being able to influence and build mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences.
- The location is based in Tokyo office, but work across an Asia-Pacific context (Australia/New Zealand, ASEAN, India, Japan and China).
- Fluency in Japanese language and strong command in English language both oral and written, required
TokyoOte Center Bldg, 22F
jp +813 5219 6633