Accountant, Senior Accountant
¥6M - 8M / annum
December 26, 2017
Banking and financial services
- Perform monthly closing activities including preparing and posting journal entries, reconciling system reports and ensuring proper and accurate classifications and reporting of accounting transactions.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations including cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, intercompany accounts.
- Responsible for performing timely follow-ups of reconciling items and adjustments.
- Perform payroll operations and ensure all payroll transactions are in compliance, processed accurately and timely.
- Reconcile and validate payroll transactions and ensure proper taxation, social insurance, pension and other payroll related benefits are accommodated.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing financial information.
- Maintain fixed assets register and ensure the related amortization/depreciation expenses are properly recorded in the general ledger.
- Work closely with external tax consultant and prepare the statutory financial accounts and schedules for various tax filings ( e.g. corporate income tax, withholding tax, consumption tax)
- Support internal and external audits by preparing audit schedules and responding to inquiries.
- Participate in the preparing of annual budget and forecast
- Ad hoc projects
- At least 5 years of work experience in Accounting, preferably in service or professional industry
- Experience in preparing payroll is essential
- Knowledgeable in various tax compliances in Japan, including but not limited to, corporate income tax, consumption tax, withholding tax, and various payroll withholding taxes
- Experience in working for a multinational company is preferred
- Advance knowledge in MS Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookup formulas
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multitasking
- Possess strong quantitative, problem solving and analytical abilities, detailed focused
- Ability to work independently
- Collaborative, proactive and is a team player
- Strong communications/writing skills
- Flexible and willing to learn