¥6M - 8M / annum
6 November 2017
Banking and financial services
The role is to manage the Finance Function on its day to day responsibilities; this includes Cash, Account Receivable / Revenue including Billing, Accounts Payable / Expense, and Other Assets. In addition, to be responsible for a range of financial and management reporting and controls based work to ensure proper accounting. The role is in constant communication with various internal departments to ensure client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Perform the daily accounting activities, maintain the general ledger, review daily trial balance, and ensure effective financial controls are in place.
- Prepare monthly reports to Group Head Office.
- Liaise with Group Head Office.
- Review the month end results and provide meaningful commentary on them for the Japan Office.
- Liaise with Management Reporting team to provide explanations of any variances.
- Prepare monthly reports to FSA.
- Prepare the annual/semi-annual reports.
- Prepare tax returns in coordination with external tax advisors.
- Liaise with Group Tax.
- Supervise and review the work of accounting staffs.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors.
- Perform other related work as required.
Skills / Experience required
- Experience in Accounting Field for 3 years or more
- Educated and/or worked in foreign countries.
- Strong practical skill and knowledge of IT/Computer, MS Office (preferably, Access and Macro) and Accounting System.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in Japanese and English.
- Experience in financial institutions, preferably in Asset Management, or similar experience.
- Understanding of US GAAP, Japan GAAP, Japan tax, and controls over financial reporting is preferred.
- Understanding of regulations of Asset Management.
- Able to work to tight deadlines with high degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to set deliverables and ensure delivery.