Location : Tokyo Metropolis
Post Date : 19 May 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 06940-0009282911-FA
Job Classification : Finance & Accounting
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial reporting package for the Japan operation including trial balance, balance sheet and income statement along with related supporting schedules and account reconciliations.
- Establish, and ensure compliance with, relevant financial controls to ensure the accuracy of the financial results of the business with particular emphasis on: revenue recognition; Cost of goods sold; Fixed assets and related additions; disposals and depreciation; inventory valuation; various accruals, including discounts/rebates, returns, warranty, vacation, bonus, and others
- Monitor accounts payable to ensure that all vendor payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generate and issue related party billings consistent with relevant intercompany agreements.
- Manage all tax related activities, including: preparation of finance statement for tax office, ensure compliance with the VAT billing regulations, quarterly and annual income tax returns
- Support of quarterly and annual income tax returns
- Plan and support annual statutory audit
- Maintain reconciliation between financial statements prepared in accordance with US GAAP and J-GAAP
- Manage the activities of general accounting staff
- Coordinate with Corporate Purchasing to ensure compliance
- Assist with the implementation of internal controls
- Assist with the Oracle implementation
- 10 years finance/accounting experience in a multinational environment
- US- GAAP familiarity
- Knowledge of Oracle or a similar ERP
- High English speaking ability (TOEIC 800)
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong people management skills and the ability to lead teams to solve problems and improve existing processes
- CPA a plus