AVP – VP, AML Testing
Location : Tokyo Metropolis
Post Date : 15 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 0009202339-FS
Job Classification : Financial Services
Are you looking for the challenge of an energising environment where you can further develop your AML skills and set your career on a growth trajectory? If that sounds like you, we could have the ideal opportunity. Our client is a growing, dynamic organisation and a leader in its field. Ongoing expansion has created an opening for your skills in AML Transaction Monitoring. You will be part of a talented team, enjoying a stimulating work environment and the rewards of a healthy work-life balance. This is a tremendous opportunity for you to work for a company that will appreciate your efforts and reward your initiative.
Compliance Testing is the independent testing arm of the Compliance function in Japan and is responsible for executing Compliance Testing reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of key controls and processes designed to adhere to requirements of relevant regulations and corresponding policies
The role will be responsible for supporting the AML Compliance Testing Program to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, processes, and controls. The Compliance Officer – AML Testing identifies key risks and control points and monitors to confirm that action plans are implemented.
Your Skills & Experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years experiences in the AML Compliance, AML regulatory, AML Audit or related experience in financial industry. Prior experience in examinations/auditing roles, and strong understanding of testing methodology, risk and controls analysis is plus. Leading small to medium sized teams in audits/compliance reviews is a plus.
- Effective written and oral communication skills both in English and Japanese
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with business areas
- Ability to work in partnership with others in a team environment
- Strong analytical, project management and negotiation skill
- Sound decision making abilities and professional maturity
- JSDA License (I, II and Internal Control Officer) is required
- Certified Anti- Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMs) is strongly preferred
What’s on offer?
- An exceptional career opportunity and a valuable opening to showcase your skills and be rewarded for excellence.
- The camaraderie of a highly skilled team.
- A fast-paced work environment that will challenge and stimulate you.
- The flexibility of a workplace where you can work both independently and as part of a team.
- An extensive, tailored program of professional development.
- A company that promotes on the basis of ability, and fosters work-life balance.
22F 1-1-3 Otemachi