AVP, Treasury, Global Funding
Location : Tokyo Metropolis
Post Date : 25 November 2016
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 21110-FS
Job Classification : Financial Services
Global Funding is one of the key areas within Corporate Treasury. Global Funding employees interact daily with internal and external constituents including business lines, other Treasury functions such as Balance Sheet Management (BSM),Corporate Treasury Finance, Enterprise Capital Management (ECM) and Liquidity Risk Management (LRM), internal control partners, regulators, market participants and investors. The team strives to utilize its global presence to provide efficient funding strategies across the enterprise in the most cost effective manner, while managing the risks associated with those strategies.
The Global Funding team manages enterprise liquidity and ensures that funding is maintained at levels sufficient to operate in normal and stressed scenarios. We are tasked to forecast the sources and uses of funds across a variety of entities and currencies, taking into account business input and projected market conditions in order to manage effectively the Corporation’s key cash and liquidity positions. Implementation of our funding and hedging strategies necessitates flawlessly executing transactions with internal and external counterparties in accordance with liquidity constraints, internal guidelines, legal limitations and regulatory directives.
A successful career in Corporate Treasury requires you to think critically about the many challenges facing our company and industry with an emphasis on attention to detail, teamwork and strong communication skills. The Treasury group provides an opportunity to gain broad knowledge about the company and its many businesses as well as the global markets in which we transact. Your day to day experience will be varied and challenging, and will allow you to extend your skills within various disciplines, such as market analysis, short term money market execution & real time liquidity risk management.
- Execute money market and FX transactions to meet funding needs
- Interact with client-facing businesses to provide funding and liquidity expertise as well as money market and foreign exchange quotations
- Manage yen market risk in the money market book
- Execute transactions to deploy investment surplus
- Monitor market conditions and provide early warnings for potential funding disruptions
Funding Forecasting and Balance Sheet Governance
- Analyze bank and broker dealer balance sheets to develop detailed funding forecasts
- Partner with lines of business and other stakeholders to develop view of upcoming funding requirements
- Produce timely, insightful MIS that effectively communicates key positions and movements
- Collaborate with Liquidity Risk Management staff on key liquidity initiatives such as contingency funding plans and liquidity dashboards
- Prepare Asset and Liability Committee and Liquidity Risk Management Committee materials
- Monitor daily funding and liquidity risk metrics and elevate key risks / issues
- Perform ad hoc analysis related to funding risks and opportunities
- Be a subject matter expert in key Japanese funding topics and risk management tools
- Ensure compliance with applicable guidelines, limits, policies
- Respond quickly to ad hoc requests from senior management
- Cross train with other staff in order to provide coverage when other staff are absent
- Collaborate extensively with Global Funding peers as well as support partners in Finance, Risk Management and Operations
- Ensure robust control environment is maintained through compliance with all policies and procedures
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Undergraduate degree with quantitative focus
- Previous execution experience required
- Strong Excel skills with experience in financial analysis and modelling
- Word and PowerPoint proficiency required
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of constituents including seasoned teammates, management and disparate business partners
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across the enterprise. Conflict will be part of the job.
- General understanding of markets, financial statements, liquidity and risk
- Native Japanese and business English required
- Creative problem solving skills and orientation
- Highly motivated to learn, develop and cross train as markets and regulatory environment are dynamic.