Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA) : Associate
¥9M - 12M / annum
11 January 2018
Banking and financial services
- Bilingual: Manager is Japanese but internal stakeholders are foreign traders
- Strong product knowledge on FX forwards, Interest Rate Swaps (IRS)
- If great, experience and background, may consider VP title.
- Provide credit risk management coverage of a portfolio of clients in Asia
- Assess the business and financial strength of the firm’s trading counterparts to determine acceptable levels of credit exposure and monitor credit quality
- Analyse the risks inherent in the products traded, including increasingly complex derivatives transactions
- Represent credit views at various internal committees
- Coordinate with Investment Banking/Capital Markets, Sales & Trading, Legal, Operations and Compliance departments to approve business and ensure appropriate documentation, limits and risk mitigants to protect against a counterpart default and minimize potential losses
- Monitor credit trends in the portfolio, perform distressed analysis and estimate potential impairments
- Develop and manage relationships with colleagues from the broader CRM as well as with other areas of the firm
- Approximately 3 or more years of experience within a credit risk management role (other financial analytical backgrounds can be considered)
- Track record of independent decision-making and the ability to steer client and business negotiations
- Strong analytical skills with ability to rapidly grasp the mechanics of various financial products.
- Experience in investment banking products including derivatives and loan products.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- Able to communicate at the senior levels.
- Able to supervise, motivate and provide guidance to juniors on the team.
- Strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments