Desktop Support Lvl 1 & 2
February 20, 2018
IT and technology
- Build and install PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
- Provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
- Create, maintain, and distribute reports of progress to senior leadership
- Migrating servers from Windows XP to Windows 7 or higher platform
- Maintain client databases with up to date solutions and clear record of activities
- Explain and document technical issues in a clear way to clients
- Use call logging system to accurately record telephone requests
Your skills and experience
- 5+ years in desktop support in the financial industry.
- A lot of troubleshooting experience with Microsoft 2013 / 2016 suite (Outlook, Excel, Word) – This is what I will be focusing on.
- Basic knowledge of Cisco networking and Cisco hardware and Cisco IP Telephony
- Being self sufficient
- Able to work under pressure
- Good communication and escalation skills.
- Detailed oriented
- Native Japanese and fluent English ability.
What’s on offer?
- A rare opportunity for you to demonstrate your skills, initiative and creativity in a rapidly growing company.
- A fast-moving context, where you’ll be given ownership of multiple projects backed by an amazing team.
- The rewards of making a genuine impact in a corporate culture that embraces creativity, fosters innovation and offers real career progression.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.