¥10M - 14M / annum
March 14, 2018
Finance and accounting
Global Healthcare Company listed on the NYSE. HQ located in the US. The company is a leader in their industry and have seen year on year growth globally and in Japan also.
This is a number 2 position in the organization. Finance Controller is responsible for accounting and finance operations, financial reporting, and tax reporting and filings in the Japan Market. Finance Controller is also responsible for ensuring that the organization is in compliance with all applicable accounting procedures and standards and has strong internal controls
Some of the tasks include
• Perform monthly/quarterly close by working with overseas Shared Service Center and market colleagues, including account reconciliations and SOX documentation
• Respond to Corporate requests for data to fulfill external reporting requirement
• Act as a conduit between Shared Service Center and market colleagues to ensure that day-to-day accounting and financial operations are properly conducted
• Support Shared Service Center to ensure their outputs meet performance requirement in Japan market internally and externally
• Establish and monitor policies and procedures, cascade regulatory and accounting policy throughout the market and serve as a resource in all aspects of country level accounting
• Maintain business internal controls and ensure operational readiness for internal and external audits and that controls are uppermost when considering system, process, policy, or people change.
• Execute global initiatives in the area of accounting and systems in the market
Your Skills & Experience
• Strong accounting experience with over 5 years working in Japan
• Visa or residency in Japan is required
• Fluency in Japanese is essential
• Experience in multi-national financial reporting
• Experience in automated financial and accounting reporting systems
• Experience in managing multi-national accounting operations
What’s on offer?
• Can experience overall accounting and finance role. Wide range of knowledge about the business.
• Good culture environment. People Orientated atmosphere
• Career path: The CFO is ideally looking for future successor
• Currently accounting side role however if the person wants to move more towards FPA the CFO will assign tasks and coach the person. CFO has a strong background in FPA
• CFO is a people person, great personality and very good to work with. Openly communicates with team members and colleagues. Great person to learn from.
• Limited overtime around 20-30hours max. Good work life balance