Location : Tokyo Metropolis
Post Date : 18 December 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 0010157268-2-FS
Job Classification : Financial Services
One of the largest Insurance Company is looking for an Accountant up to 30’s.
This company prioritize the cultural fit.
If you are willing to work in a mature growing environment as an accountant which you can learn a lot, please take a look.
- Deputy for the local accounting head, assisting in IFRS/Group reporting, local regulatory reporting and managerial accounting and daily operations.
- Develop knowledge and expertise in the above accounting areas and take the leading role.
- IFRS reporting
Prepare IFRS reporting and other required reports in accordance with group requirements on a timely manner.
- Local regulatory reporting (Company Act/FSA)
Prepare the local financial reporting in accordance with company Act/FSA.
- Managerial accounting
Prepare managerial accounting information to the department and the local management.
- Account reconciliation and credit control
Maintain accounts and monitor receivables and payables to achieve timely settlements and robust control.
- Strong understanding for IFRS and J-GAAP general insurance accounting with tax is mandatory required.
- Experience for similar role (Financial reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis) is required in foreign insurance company.
- Experience for investments, settlement and custody tasks.
- Management experience for small/mid-sized team.
- Experience with foreign parent-local subsidiary reporting.
- Qualified / Part Qualified Accountant is an added advantage.
- Actuarial knowledge/experience is an added advantage.
- Accounting Standards: Working knowledge of international and local standards and processes.
- Reporting: Ability to generate appropriate reports for internal and external requirements.
- Analytical skill: Ability to manage financial data with appropriate reconciliation process.
- Understanding of non-life insurance business: Main processes and requirements, e.g. technical processing and credit control against intermediaries and RI partners.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze highly complex data, from multiple sources, in detail; identify and resolve issues before they transpire.
- Communication: Ability to communicate with overseas staff in oral/written appropriately.
- IT skills (Office applications): Use general office application tools e.g. Power Point, Excel, Word.
- Strong understanding of investments activities.