Location : Tokyo Metropolis
Post Date : 21 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 06940-0010044676-FA
Job Classification : Finance & Accounting
My client is a globally leading pharmaceutical company, and is looking for a talented and experienced analyst to join their already strong team.
Provides financial support to the Japan commercial team and Finance manager via the
following specific activities to support division’s goals and objectives: financial planning and
analysis, financial reporting and analysis; general accounting, internal control and asset
Forecasting Accuracy and New Product’s supply for the affiliate.
To be key player among the various departments of the organization (Sales, Marketing,
Logistics, Quality / Regulatory Affairs) and between the Area Demand/Finance
Managers and the affiliates
Core Job Responsibilities:
List the primary tasks or activities this job performs
Financial Planning/Forecasting: Support financial planning process for affiliate(s) Commercial
Operations for all Plan and LBE's (Latest Best Estimates)
• Sub-lead the LBE calendar, process and review package preparation by working closely
with Area finance team and Japan commercial team.
• Manage data submission due to planning system (TM1) and reports required for LBE
• Coordinate the annual Standard Cost development, including analysis and cost change.
• Timely communication with Japan/Area management team about activities impact on
• Provide insight on (or manage) P&L status of the affiliate
• Responsible for accurate data maintenance for P&L and BS.
• Monitor and analyse daily/weekly/monthly sales trends with sales forecast model
• Track cost related to distribution centre activities
• Analyse monthly SG&A expense for actuals vs. Plan/benchmark by focusing on activities of the company to assure compliance with budget/LBE.
• Manage financial database and process at each stage of LBE process and based on actuals
• Closing and Reporting
• Submit correct monthly sales actuals to system with closely working accounting team.
• Prepare monthly Journal entry for SG&A expense including appropriate expense accruals and process
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reports based on major drivers; P&L, BS. Capex Report, quarterly compliance related reports
• Cash Flow Management
• Identify the specific skills needed to perform this job effectively (leadership skills, selling
skills, computer literacy)
• Strong teamwork. Strong analytical skills. Attitude for learning and efforts toward new
• Strong compliance and ethical behavior.
Strong MS Office, ERP and Database skills.
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
• Basic understanding for Accounting, Finance and Economics.
Knowledge / Education Required:
• Identify the knowledge, expertise, educational level required to perform this job successfully (product/industry knowledge, technical/business acumen, degree, professional certification)
• Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems.
• Knowledge of the principles, processes and standards for integrated financial analysis
• BS or BA in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Operations.
• Advantages: Financial experience in a healthcare industry.
22F 1-1-3 Otemachi