Head of Compliance
¥15M - 20M / annum
June 22, 2018
Banking and financial services
- Lead and manage Japan compliance systems and programs to comply with applicable legal, regulatory and internal requirements
- Drive the successful and timely completion of Japan compliance oversight programs and ensure effective identification, measurement, control and management of compliance risk (both local and global)
- Monitor applicable regulatory changes and provide effective change management to address such changes and keeps abreast of new products, technologies and applications as well as their implications for assigned area.
- Monitor risk and control execution within area of responsibility, escalate appropriately
- Act as a liaison with regulatory agencies, internal and external advisors and other internal control groups on compliance/risk- related issues in area of responsibility.
- Chair local compliance committee and participate in local and regional governance/management meetings
- Proactively engage with Ethics, AML, Privacy, Risk Management and other control groups across State Street as required.
- Manage Japan Compliance team by retaining and developing talent and actively engaging with key stakeholders
- Have extensive experience (+10 years) in Japan financial (preferably banking and trust banking) regulatory environment experienced gained in compliance, risk management, dealing with financial regulators and/or internal control in a financial services environment.
- Good working knowledge of the conduct of business rules and local regulatory requirements that relate to financial industry such as Banking Act, FIEA etc.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, project management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Work in conjunction across Compliance as well as business partners and external parties as needed to resolve issues and ensure accuracy of accountabilities, and adherence to all policies/regulations/guidelines.
- Japanese and English language skill
For more information, contact bart.ciebien @ roberthalf.jp