Internal Audit Senior Specialist
Location : Tokyo Metropolis
Post Date : 13 December 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 00100588612-FS
Job Classification : Financial Services
Under the direction of the Client Audit Director ("CAD") and the Auditor-in-Charge ("AIC"), the candidate will:
- Participate in the execution of financial, operational, SOX 404 and IT audits, integrated audits and process audits, both domestic and abroad to maintain a strong internal control environment at this company.
- On occasion, the incumbent will be expected to lead small teams of auditors audits with limited management supervision in addition to actively performing audit work.
- Under the direction of the AIC, partner with colleagues and clients, support groups, and other organizations to effectively complete all assigned audit work.
- Execute audit programs and work papers (including walkthroughs and sample testing) in line with the established quality standards and timelines.
- Collaborate with the audit team in the writing of audit summaries of issues and reports which accurately describe identified control concerns, associated risks, and appropriate recommendations
- Participate in department projects and ensure the realization of the specified results.
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism and independence in the execution of duties with the highest level of integrity and quality. Show good judgment in the conduct of work.
- Embody Merck and MCAAS values and vision, and be aware of and in adherence to the company Policies and Procedures.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required. Degree in Accounting/Finance is preferred.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally approximately 30-40%.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with client and business process owners as well as The Company’s Corporate Audit & Assurance Services’ colleagues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of information technology and ability to use various applications and systems.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are essential to this position.
- 3+ years of work experience in finance, accounting, and / or audit
- Knowledge of audit methodology and internal controls.