IT Applications Analyst/Junior Project Manager
Location : Tokyo Metropolis
Post Date : 31 July 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 9985073-BT
Job Classification : IT & Technology
My client is a US based well known brand in the auto industry, with 300 employees in Japan, in addition to several subsidiary businesses across Japan. Upon acquiring a Japanese company, my client is now embarking on a transformation of their IT department, bringing in global systems, best practices and capability to serve the business. As a bilingual Applications Analyst in the IT department, you will play a key role in this modernizing of the IT department. While you will be involved in day-to-day support activities to support the Japanese users with IT issues, you will also play a key role as the Japan representative for regional projects. This is genuinely a great opportunity for an Applications Support professional to elevate their career into project management and IT leadership, with high exposure at the regional and global level.
- 40% supporting global/regional projects as the Japan representative
- 30% training on usage of systems and supporting business operations and processes
- 20% Level 1 & 2 Support for users across the business with IT desktop and applications issues (SAP, email, skype, Onedrive, sharepoint, internal order management system etc)
- 10% deployment of new mobile technologies for sales department e.g. Surface Pro (including software & tools)
- Be accountable for completing the project on time, on budget and on scope
- Continually work to improve process around IT service delivery
- Manage the administrative aspects of projects (i.e.: project schedule, team room, visual management, key program metrics, presentations, communications plan).
- 5 years experience in Applications and Desktop Support – technology all-rounders are considered
- Strong Japanese communication skills to support Japanese users, and English skills to work with management and overseas IT teams/project managers
- A desire to transform and improve the technology services delivered to the business
- Ability to propose change and drive execution
- Eager to learn and eager to deliver
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to transform and globalize an IT organization, working with regional/global IT team
- Perfect for an Application Support person to transition into a new challenge with multiple projects
- Work for top US brand and market leader in their space
22F 1-1-3 Otemachi