Lead Big Data Support Engineer
June 15, 2018
IT and technology
Our client provides 24/7 support service for major cloud platform users. Support team is distributed between multiple locations and they are hiring people to extend support in Japanese, Chinese and Korean languages.
Role: Lead Big Data Support Engineer
More about the Role:
- Provide support to customers using Cloud Platform products, solutions and APIs, including Big Data and related services.
- Provide technical assistance and support as part of a global 24x7-support organization.
- Work closely with engineers and product managers to improve the product and make our customers successful.
- Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management: change requests and incident ticket handling for the remaining Infrastructure Teams.
- Work closely with internal support team s to improve cloud products at a senior level
More about the Successful Candidate:
- 5+ years’ experience fully as developer or a combination developer + big data engineer
- Ability to read and understand code, able to write code to reproduce customer problems
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills required to work with petabyte or even exabytes of data
- Firm understanding of programming (Java, C++, C#, Scala, Python, etc.) and scripting languages (Python/PHP/R)
- Experience with BigData architectures and technologies (more than 1TB of data) and BI solutions
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Storm, Samza, Beam, Google Big Query, etc.)
- Fluent English plus proficiency in either Japanese / Chinese / Korean languages
Nice to have:
- Experience with the popular technologies in the machine learning/big data ecosystem.
- Experience with any ML library (scikitlearn, pytorch, tensorflow, Spark mllib) or basic understanding of ML concepts.
- Experience with PaaS and IaaS technologies.
What’s On Offer
- High visibility within the global organization, and opportunity to take on expanded responsibility across multiple geographic locations
- Opportunity to upgrade your professional portfolio with projects for most famous brands and become a specialist recognizable worldwide
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
TokyoOte Center Bldg, 22F
100-0004 +813 5219 6633