Media Relations Associate
Location : Tokyo Metropolis
Post Date : 01 December 2016
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 21232-FS
Job Classification : Financial Services
The Associate of Media Relations will be based in Tokyo and will report functionally to the Head of APAC Media Relations.
The core responsibility is to contribute strategically and tactically to build and manage a proactive media relations program focused on engaging key media to promote and protect the company’s business and brand in Japan. Working with the broader Marketing Communications team, this position will also partner with investment and business professionals across the firm to support media campaigns for products, strategies and other initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Associate of Media Relations will be responsible for managing and/or supporting with a proactive, sustained “news bureau” effort with key media, including wire services, tier one financial as well as trade media. This will include developing a media relations plan to address opportunities and threats to company’s business, drive awareness and manage perceptions of the company in key areas of the firm’s business. These efforts will target clients, prospective clients, key influencers and opinion leaders. The Associate of Media Relations will collaborate closely with:
- Global media relations personnel who are responsible for media relations at the regional level
- The Content Marketing team, which plays a key role in developing thought leadership strategy in conjunction with the Media Relations team.
- Key internal Portfolio Managers and business side stakeholders in relation to upcoming media coverage/risks/opportunities that impact Client Facing staff and their conversations with clients and developing appropriate messaging for those interactions
- Vendors to develop external communications strategy including public relations, speaking opportunities, events and digital communications, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in investment management or financial services
- Strong oral and written communications skills both in Japanese and English
- Well organized, high energy/self-starter with the ability to work independently within the firm’s demanding and highly focused environment
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, work well in a team environment, and have the ability to interact effectively with other senior level employees and outside contacts
- Resilience and flexibility to work in a small regional team yet with many global stakeholders
- Clear commitment to the culture, values and approach
22F 1-1-3 Otemachi