Middle & Back Office Analyst
¥9M - 12M / annum
January 30, 2018
IT and technology
- The main purpose of the Middle and Back Office Analyst is to partner with the Business to ensure the stability of Japanese Equities Booking & Settlement Systems.
- On-going support of Japanese Equities Middle and Back Office technology requirements.
- Primary point of contact for new business initiatives impacting the front-to-back process flow of Japanese Cash Equities.
- Continuous improvement and streamlining of the front-to-back process flow.
- Point of contact for local vendors (NRI, JASDEC, etc…) both in terms of technology roadmap and relationship management.
- Completion of various local & regional projects, working closely with CLSA Hong Kong and CLSA Pune IT teams.
- Training of local operations staff on new systems and additional features.
- Educate peers and management about Japan-specific requirements.
- Occasional interaction with our buy-side and sell-side clients for requirement gathering.
Your skills and experience
- Strong communication skills in Japanese (Native) and English (Business) are mandatory.
- Previous exposure to ISTAR is a must. Cash Equities is preferred but experience with listed derivatives will be considered favorably.
- Detail-oriented, structured thinker with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and provide accurate and clear information to production and development teams located outside of Japan.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret large technical specifications from local stock exchanges and trading partners written in Japanese language.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people across a wide range of skills and competencies.
- Experience with some programming language is a plus.
- You have the business acumen to predict market trends and the brilliant experience to develop solutions that meet problems head on. You relish a chance to solve unusual or complex problems, and you know how to influence senior leaders to encourage development of new ideas and approaches. More than an IT expert, you know how to align technology solutions with business strategies while having the confidence to collaborate with senior management and motivate a talented team.
What’s on offer?
- A rare opportunity for you to demonstrate your skills, initiative and creativity in a rapidly growing company.
- A fast-moving context, where you’ll be given ownership of multiple projects backed by an amazing team.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.