Location : Tokyo Metropolis
Post Date : 06 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 06940-0009302041-FA
Job Classification : Finance & Accounting
The Senior Accountant will provide support to the Financial Controller in overseeing the general accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions and ensuring the accuracy and effectiveness in all of the accounting tasks. The Senior Accountant's responsibilities will include reconciling account balances, maintaining general ledger, performing period-end close procedures, and preparing period-end actual reports in compliance with regulatory guidance and professional standards.
Other key elements of the role include assistance with special projects assigned by management.
The successful candidate will be capable of combining excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyse financial reports and forecasts.
The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating and/or leading a team of accountants and junior accountants.
- To complete day to day and period-end general accounting activities precisely and effectively.
- To ensure that all processes (daily/weekly/monthly/annually) are performed in compliance with policies and procedures of the company, locally and globally, including authorization matrix and rule, which is subject to external audit.
- To pay attention to / report any potential business/financial risks and opportunities for improvement in process effectiveness/efficiency to the Financial Controller.
- To process monthly journal entries for payroll, prepayments, accruals, intercompany recharges (and others), perform period-end closing activities, and prepare period-end reports.
- To perform variance analysis - actual results compared to budget/forecast and prepare monthly analysis reports.
- At financial year-end closing, to prepare the reporting packages for the Financial Controller's sign off and liaise with external auditors for their group audit completion.
- To perform working capital management (including review of debtors) ensuring tight control of available funds, prepare cash flow projections, and report funding requirements.
- To analyse relevant data and prepare expense related budgets/reforecasts for review.
- To assist the General Manager in ad hoc projects requiring financial analysis.
- To assist in setting, reviewing, and updating office policies e.g. billing, credit control
- To assist in any internal audit reviews.
- To monitor performance and review work completed by the global shared services centre. Where necessary to take remedial action if the work falls below the required standard.
- To work closely with the HR team to ensure accurate data related to HR are reflected in accounting books.
- To coordinate with banks to comply with regulations and to maintain a proper online baing system.
- To liaise with Regional Finance team for Asia Pacific and the global finance team on all group reporting matters.
Skills and Experience:
You will be an experienced accountant, ideally within a professional services environment, with prior experiences of monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting.
You pay appropriate attention to details, possess accurate data handling skills, and deliver well-structured deliverables to stakeholders.
You will have well developed influencing and persuasion skills and will be good at building relationships at all levels.
CPA, Boki 1st grade, or Charted Accountant (or equivalent) qualification strongly preferred but not required.
Proficiency in Excel is essential. Prior experience of using Oracle Financials (or similar application) is required. Prior use of Hyperion Planning is preferable (or similar budgeting system).
Basic knowledge of IFRS and external reporting requirements is required.
Awareness and knowledge of international Tax/VAT issues in the context of a global firm in the professional services sector would be an advantage.