Senior Credit Analyst
Location : Tokyo Metropolis
Post Date : 18 November 2016
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 22419-FS
Job Classification : Financial Services
Job Title: Senior Credit Analyst
Reporting to Finance Director-Japan and Korea and Asia Pacific Area Credit Director, incumbent is responsible primarily for managing the credit risk and investment in trade account receivables for specific businesses in Japan.
To add value by managing the credit risk and investment in trade account receivables in a manner which optimizes the trade-off between credit risk and business reward, and complies with the company’s policy.
Key Responsibilities and Job Expectations
- Be responsible for credit related matters including customer credit evaluation and approval of payment terms and credit limits within the delegation of authority.
- Ensure compliance to the company’s credit policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with commercial and other support functions in credit control processes in order to achieve preset credit performance targets.
- Interact effectively with commercial management as well as customers, and implement the company’s credit policies without jeopardizing customer relationship.
- Provide value-added advice and consulting for business/commercial management on all credit related matters, including planning and reporting and other credit performance measures.
- Provide counseling for business and set credit strategy for controlling credit exposure and optimizing risk versus return.
- Act promptly to identify, quantify and assess credit risk, market and counter-party risks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of dynamics of financial markets, economic/business environment and its impact on the company’s credit risk and risk management.
- Ensure credit activities and performance are accurately and adequately measured, analyzed and reported on a timely basis.
- Take on ad-hoc projects assigned.
- Financial statement analysis
- Financial accounting
- Ratio analysis for credit risk assessment
- Risk vs. reward analysis
- Legal Knowledge
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal and International effectiveness
- Strong team spirit
- Leadership & initiative
- MBA or equivalent background preferred
- Knowledge about financial market & institutions
- Knowledge about financial products & derivatives
- 3-7 years’ experience in financial institution or equivalent background.
- English skills - proficiency level
22F 1-1-3 Otemachi