Sr. Financial Analyst
Location : Tokyo Metropolis
Post Date : 21 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 06940-0010044694
Job Classification : Finance & Accounting
This role is with a globally leading Technology/Software company, and requires a high level of both knowledge and passion for the industry.
This individual will support the Financial Planning and Analysis needs of the Sales & Marketing Organization for Japan including annual planning, monthly forecasting, expense and headcount tracking and ad-hoc support for other functional groups within the APJ (Asia Pacific & Japan) region.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
• Act as Sales & Marketing Group Business Partners supporting departmental management with ad-hoc financial analyses, guidance and decision support: e.g. financial modeling, forecasting, valuation/return analyses, expense reports, contra revenue, and contribution margin analysis
• Analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the Group and identify trends and exceptions for senior management’s review
• Work with business-unit management to prepare the detailed annual plan
• Prepare, analyze and upload into Hyperion Planning the monthly operating expense and headcount forecasts for the department as part of the monthly consolidated expense forecast
• Review, approve and track operating expenses, partner programs and new headcount requests for the departments
• Manage Purchase Order (PO) approval process for the department.
• Compile and manage requests for additional Target and Target transfers between departments
• Review expense against forecast and per corporate guideline. Provide feedback to local Accounting team and assist them in month end expense close.
• Prepare month-end journal entries for the departments ( manual accruals and reclasses), including sales commissions
• Prepare SOX documentation for month-end activities
• Review Capital request forms and provide analysis
Qualifications (includes knowledge, skills, abilities, and related work experience)
• 6-8 years of financial planning experience in a large global public company environment including consolidated financial planning experience. IT Industry experience would be ideal but not essential.
• Solid understanding of US GAAP;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (in Japanese and English,);
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to complete assignments given aggressive time constraints;
• High level of proficiency in all productivity tools (Excel, Access, PowerPoint);
• Practical experience with financial planning software (Hyperion) and ERP (SAP)
• Flexible, team oriented approach to issues;
• Self starter, can work independently with remote manager
Functional/Technical Requirements (includes education, certifications, and training)
• Bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting. MBA is desirable
22F 1-1-3 Otemachi