Storage Operation Specialist
Location : Tokyo Metropolis
Post Date : 09 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 10001616-RHT
Job Classification : IT & Technology
Summary (company and position info):
One of the largest tax accounting practice in the world is looking for a server / storage specialist to support firm’s storage environment and associated hardware and operating systems
Provides support for infrastructure services hardware, operating system, and software platforms.
Incident, service request, changes and problem work (ITIL based).
Support for all Enterprise Storage Technologies in the Firm’s Global Datacenters and Regional Data Rooms, included but not limited to:
- Brocade Enterprise Directors (DCX) and Switches
- HP StorageWorks (XP12000, XP24000)
- HP Lefthand Solutions (P4000)
- HP 3PAR InServ Series (T800, V400 and V800)
- EMC VNX
- EMC VNX2
- EMC VMAX2 Series (10K, 20K, 40K)
- EMC VMAX3 Series (100K, 200K, 400K)
- EMC VPLEX VS1/VS2 Local and Remote
- Partner with peers and management to make informed and sound strategic decisions.
- Perform day to day general Storage Administration on multiple heterogeneous environments spread across several geographies.
- Perform proactive maintenance and monitoring to ensure the integrity of the Enterprise Storage Infrastructure.
- Provide after hours and on-call on an as-needed basis.
- Travel as required (reasonable notice will be given when necessary).
- Work with management to ensure that KPI’s and SLA’s are met and exceptions occur only when strictly justified by business/technical reasons.
- Proactively work with multiple Vendors to coordinate and schedule Service, Maintenance and Regular Upgrades and Updates
Technical writing: Creation and modification of work instructions, reference and technical manuals and procedures documentation.
- The Storage Operations Specialist provides the day-to-day global operational delivery of the Global Infrastructure Services (GIS) servers and storage capabilities in Global Operations (GO) as part of Global Infrastructure Services (GIS).
- This role is an individual contributor that provides technical support of a complex nature for the firm's storage environment and associated hardware and operating systems.
- This position requires in-depth knowledge of the firm's infrastructure to resolve complex incidents and problems and to provide a stable and reliable infrastructure.
What’s in for you
- international environment and good work-life balance
- One of the largest accounting practices in the world
- Central Tokyo and very accessible location
22F 1-1-3 Otemachi