Location : Tokyo Metropolis
Post Date : 07 November 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 0010056732-2-FS
Job Classification : Financial Services
- Team: 13 people
- Reporting line: Head of Finance, Japan
- Management responsibility – half of the team, potentially
- Reason for hiring - new position
- Salary range: up to 17M
- English level : Fluent
- WLB: Late night calls sometimes but can be taken from home.
VP, Finance Manager
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
Basic Purpose Of Job
Report to the Head of Finance, by leading day to day departmental operations. Substitute him within certain level of delegation in the Head of Finance absence. Under the Multiple hat arrangement, the coverage will include legal entities of wide spectrum such as locally licensed trust bank, branch of US bank, investment manager and security brokerage firm. Growth opportunity for controllership of one or more of these entities.
Key Interactions Required To Perform The Job
- Proactively lead and develop the skills and efficiency of the team.
- Substituting the Head of Finance within certain level of delegation in his absence.
- Communicate with Boston Head Quarters’ Controllers’ Organization to clarify or communicate issues or concerns.
- Extensive interaction with region and global counterparts to transform current country specific model to the functionalized future model.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Report to the Head of Finance, by leading day to day departmental operations and substituting him within certain level of delegation in the Head of Finance absence
- Responsible for managing overall accounts payable and expense control
- Responsible for managing overall billing / accounts receivable
- Responsible for regular monthly account closing and inter-company transactions
- Responsible for account reconciliations
- Initial review of regulatory reports
- Liaise with the Bank’s external auditors
- Actively contribute to the continual streamlining of processes and procedures
- Staff management including goal setting, performance reviews & staff development plans
- Proactive contribution on committees and project teams
- Build upon continuous improvement philosophy
- Information Classification: Limited Access
- Support accounting system environment evolution and transformation initiatives.
Education and Experience
- University education – accounting major preferred.
- Senior accountant with at least 7 year experience in financial accounting, audit and accounts preparation. CPA or other qualification preferred.
- Staff management experience is mandatory.
- Good understanding and experience of banking business in Japan market
- 7+ year professional finance/accounting experience, of which include 3+ year international responsibilities
- Audit experience with a large recognized global firm preferred.
- Experiences of direct exposures to regulators/tax authorities are preferred.
- Prior knowledge and experience of accounting and financial reporting
- Strong accounting knowledge based on Japan GAAP as well as banking regulations and exposure to securities company regulations
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadline
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Well-balanced and reasonable person as senior staff member within the team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Japanese.
- Able to offer flexibility whilst ensuring governance with local practice
- Strong communication to other departments
- Self starter who is action and results oriented
- Ability to multi task
- Strong relationship building skills
- A proactive hands-on approach to managing teams
- Strong mentoring & coaching skills
- Strong supervisory & team development skills
- Strong commitment
- Demonstrates leadership & direction
- Confident, assertive
- Able to communicate ideas & challenge thinking
- Team oriented, well organized
- Visionary & proactive
- Well organized, hands on & focused on procedural controls
22F 1-1-3 Otemachi