Application Development Consultant
Location : Tokyo
Post Date : 15 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : AO29-BT
Job Classification : Business Transformation
This application development lead is to join Japan Application Development and Maintenance to develop and support enterprise applications. The individual designs complex systems, resolves challenging problems and advises other staff members in technical design.
Provide direction on the technologies to be used in the development of Banking Systems Applications. Provide solution design. Provide estimates for development components of a solution. Ensure team is following best practices (e.g. code review).
- Understand and articulate overall application flow, and integrate larger system perspective in design, testing and problem resolution.
- Manage Production Deployment and Change Management. Review the change requests, identifying and documenting scope of change and impact on other interfaces.
- Participate in walk-throughs which review program specs, source code, all technical supporting documentation, including screens/reports: provide feedback in accordance with department standards and guidelines.
- Produce code for new and modified programs that meet user requirements and conform to departmental standards regarding documentation and structure that is reliable and easy to maintain.
- Design, develop, assist with and/or review Business Requirements, Business Systems Design and Technical Design Documents.
- Review unit and system test plans that will thoroughly exercise program logic to ensure program/application performance with regard to business requirements and system integration.
- Collaborate with regional/global counterparts on technical design and technology roadmap
- Management interface with both internal business users in the development of technology and drive the business operation improvement.
- Manage the agile projects by working with onshore and offshore resources to deliver solutions to business based on the business requirements.
- Manage the onshore team when required.
- Assist in the hiring process of qualified personnel
- Experience with XML, XSL, Spring JDBC, OO Analysis/Design, and SQL / Stored Procedures with a RDBMS, particular Oracle
- Familiarity with IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ)
- Needs to be comfortable working in the Windows/Unix/Linux environment.
- Extensive experience of data modeling, concurrency and high volume data processing.
- Experience in Agile Software Development Life Cycle and able to deliver small or medium projects.
- Resolving production issues, recognizing system deficiencies and implementing effective solutions.
- Humble, Hungry, and People Smart.
- Self-motivated individual and creative thinker who will take ownership of tasks and projects.
- Providing technical direction and leadership to development teams
- Able to work effectively with other teams.
- Have the willingness to take extra step to achieve the goal.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Japanese
- BS/MS degree with computer related major
Should have around 10+ years of experience in developing enterprise applications in Java/Oracle technologies
22F 1-1-3 Otemachi