¥7M - ¥10M / annum
September 5, 2019
IT and technology
An International Technology team is building a new Data Engineering (DE) team in its Tokyo branch.
If you enjoy the challenge of highly complex technical contexts and have a passion on data and analytics, this is the job for you!
More about the Role:
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing access to large datasets.
- Use data modeling skills, ETL/ELT processes, SQL, and Redshift to implement data structures.
- Use SQL, Python and Spark to build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines.
- Deliver high quality datasets for business analyst and customer reports
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- 4+ years of experience in the industry of software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value large datasets.
- Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
- Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.)
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage
- Proficiency in one of modern programming languages such as Java, Python, R or Scala
- Fluent in English
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
More about the Successful Candidate:
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Experience using AWS big data technologies such as EMR, Redshift, S3)
- Experience in technical leadership and mentoring.
- Written and Spoken Japanese preferred
You will be able to:
- Work with large volumes of data, expertise in data modeling, ETL design and business intelligence tools.
- Identify strategic opportunities where improvements in data infrastructure created outsizes business impact through partnering with businesses.
- Use SQL and other AWS technologies to extract and transform data with other technology teams worldwide
- Interact with business customers and deliver them the solutions
- Participate in strategic planning including annual budget processes
TokyoOte Center Bldg, 22F
jp +813 5219 6633