¥7M - 9M / annum
January 25, 2019
Finance and accounting
With over 47 years of history, our client is a reputable organization in the commercial service industry. The company has around 800 people in Japan with a revenue size of 180 million USD. The company is acquiring new companies right now and are in a very exciting phase of growth. A need has arisen for a talented accounting manager to join their finance team.
Are you looking for an opportunity to progress your career as a Finance Manager in a role that will challenge and energise you? If that sounds familiar, we want to hear from you. Our client is passionate about career progression and training and development and offer solid opportunities to advance within the organisation. Join some of the brightest, most capable people in the industry to achieve success and make the kind of contribution that matters to you.
The Role as Finance Manager you will be responsible for Financial Reporting (JGAAP), accounting (AR,AP,GL), end task management, consolidation accounting for Australian and New Zealand subsidiaries and managing 3-4 staff.
- Manages overall General Ledger transaction activities and related accounting practices as they pertain to the group sub-ledgers - including accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory and fixed assets. Ensures accounting records are prepared and kept in accordance with the company’s standard and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Oversees and manages monthly closing processes ensuring accuracy, timeliness, compliance and identification of financial/business issues.
- Manages consolidation of global financial statements, including approval of intercompany invoices and reconciliation of intercompany balances. Prepares and reviews quarterly reporting packages.
- Coordinates and oversees audits by internal/external auditors. Ensures strict maintenance of an effective internal control environment.
- Continuous process standardization and improvements. Ensures the processes are optimized for both efficiency and effectiveness. Collaborate with team managers to manage internal customer satisfaction and forge strong working relationships.
- Mentoring and coaching: Sets clear roles, responsibilities and expectations, and addresses team members’ performance and development issues.
- Training and knowledge sharing: Seek learning opportunities. Shares knowledge with team members.
- Motivating: Exhibits enthusiasm and positive professional attitude. Provides consistent recognition and encouragement to the team.
- Attracting and retaining talents: Promotes the company and its vision to others. Develops effective working relationships with existing members and new hires.
- Feedback: Seeks and utilizes feedback for self-development and gives constructive feedback to others.
Your Skills & Experience
- Advanced accounting knowledge for both statutory closing and consolidation under Japanese GAAP
- Management experience 5 years
- IFRS is a plus
- Experiences and knowledge of Japanese tax code are a plus
- University degree
- CPA and/or equivalent certification is a plus
- Fluent Japanese and Intermediate English are required
- TOEIC 700+ is preferred
- Executive leadership
- Team player
- Sense of urgency
You have developed an ambitious track record to date and now you are ready to extend your skill set and take your career to the next level. You have a passion for continuous improvement and have the creative flair to suggest innovations and improvements to underpin business growth. Your knowledge of compliance requirements is outstanding, and you combine this with impressive technical skills to ensure prompt, accurate reporting and outstanding financial management in a fast-paced environment.
What’s on offer?
• An extraordinary opportunity to share in the growth of a dynamic business.
• The chance to expand your skill set through ongoing projects and formal professional development.
• A fast-paced workplace that will energise and inspire you.
• The support of a committed and motivated team comprising some of the best in the business.
• An employer who fosters work-life balance.
TokyoOte Center Bldg, 22F
jp +813 5219 6633