Head of IT Infrastructure Operations
Location : Tokyo
Post Date : 21 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : AO33-BT
Job Classification : IT & Technology
Our client, a global life insurance company, is looking for an extraordinary IT Director to lead the company’s growth vision. If you are looking for a fun and challenging work environment with the opportunity to make a difference, we want to hear from you.
You will provide strategic direction and leadership for operations of the company’s IT infrastructure environment. The objective is to provide the 40,000+ end user community in Japan a stable and predictable IT infrastructure platform. This includes management of capacity, performance and reliability through best in class global processes. This role also requires active participation in the evaluation, design, and delivery of advanced distributed computing or enterprise computing infrastructures solutions capable of supporting the various future business and operational needs of the enterprise. Interfacing with senior management and peers across the globe and demonstrating strong leadership for subordinate staff and vendors are required to accomplish these goals.
Primary services under “Infrastructure Services” (IS) are: Desktop, Voice, Network, Cable Plant, Servers, Storage, Database, Mobile, Multimedia, Cloud, Middleware, Data Centers, Mainframe
- Day to Day operations of IS which meets the needs of the company’s businesses
- Following global best practices of Incident, Problem and Change management
- Strong incident management is particularly important to keep businesses well informed and to minimize business impact
- Monitoring of the IS estate to avoid unplanned system downtime
- Capacity and performance management through strong monitoring and planning
- Ensure any new releases of IS into the production environment meet all production release requirements
- Ensure the environment meets the firm’s IT Security policies through best practices such as consistent and diligent patching, scanning and configuration management
- Approves software systems, enterprise systems, monitoring solutions, and operating systems policy changes consistent with corporate objectives and the firm’s IT Infrastructure operational best practices.
- Provides direction for distributed/enterprise technology and reviews long range software systems, network and operating systems plans which meet the requirements of business,
- Reviews and approves vendor proposals Leads team to co-work with Enterprise Infrastructure & Architecture to review current and future state technologies
- Approves and directs planning around investments and changes to the IS environment Conduct or direct long-term strategic planning Interfaces with senior/executive management to review software systems, network and operating systems plans that align with and support business objectives
- Be an active member to review potential new and emerging technologies to ensure operational requirements can be met once implemented into production
- Responsible for financial management of budget preparation, actual tracking and project related cash out/expenses
- Full people management responsibility, including performance and compensation management, and training & development Attracts and develops talent to enhance the team’s effectiveness.
Business Knowledge/Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- 15+ years’ experience in various phases of design, installation and maintenance of infrastructure systems such as network, operating systems, PCs, server, storage management.
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience.
- In-depth / strong knowledge of infrastructure systems, middleware, cloud, network and operating systems or storage networks and environment, specializing one or more areas including servers, distributed operating systems, enterprise storage systems and channel extension.
- Be an active member of the global IT Infrastructure Operations team to ensure Japan’s needs are reflected in global strategies.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English and Japanese ideal. Fluent English and business level Japanese is minimum.
- Excellent analytical ability and project management skills.
- Ability to develop productive relationships with client and IT management, staff and vendors.
- Strong relationship builder-ability to influence, persuade and collaborate team work across multiple stakeholder groups (both in-Country and Region)
- Management Execution: Business Planning; ability to motivate teams to produce a quality output, while managing multiple cross functional/country relationships. Develop action plans and time lines to deliver planned outcomes
- Change Management: effectively manage and communicate change. Implement decisions even if unpopular. Proactively removes blockage
- Customer Focus: understands internal and external customer needs and expectations.
- Implements effective ways to monitor and respond to customers
- Has worked in a highly matrixed organization managing and balancing local and global stakeholders and needs.
22F 1-1-3 Otemachi