IT Business Relationship Manager & Country IT Lead
Location : Tokyo
Post Date : 26 October 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 10150540-BT
Job Classification : Business Transformation
Are you a Tech-Savvy business leader? Are yu a Business-savvy tech leader? If the answer is yes to both and you are native Japanese, you could match my Japan Country IT Lead (“Business Relationship Manager”) role for global trading & manufacturing firm.
Summary (company and position info):
My client is a global trading and manufacturing group, with a presence in Japan. A unique opportunity has opened for a senior IT professional to lead the Japan IT function as a Business Relationship Manager (BRM) - t the customer face of the Global IT team. The BRM will define the demand for IT services in line with the Process, Data and Technology strategy for the Japan business unit. They will be responsible to support the delivery of consistent end-to-end IT services, in line with the Business IT budget. They will do this through management of the portfolio of projects and service levels with regional delivery teams and 3rd party service providers. In order to bring competitive advantage to the business through IT solutions, the BRM will provide industry perspectives and innovative technology solutions to the business, aligned with enterprise architecture frameworks.
- Business Partnering: Partners with IT Leadership, using deep IT knowledge and broad business knowledge, to develop and maintain a highly diversified portfolio of services and solutions. Ensures integration across process, data, and technology for all solutions.
- Relationship & Service Management: Promotes collaboration across the IT service delivery teams and other BRMs to provide first class IT services to the business as one Global IT organization.
- Innovation: Innovate IT solutions for the business, leveraging group resources and know-how
- IT Strategic Planning: Leads and provides broad guidance to the medium-long term business IT strategy and ensures overall alignment with business and Process, Data & Technology strategies.
- Portfolio Management: Maximizes value to the business for the IT spend.
- 10+ years of IT and business / industry work experience.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills in the areas of strategic planning and decision making, navigating ambiguity, and building trusting relationships.
- Experience developing IT strategies and business plans.
- Experience with Portfolio Management. Ability to act as a strategic advisor to business leadership to guide investment decisions.
- SAP background is a big plus, as the company will implement in 2018
- Native Japanese, fluent English (reporting to APAC Head in HK)