IT Solution Delivery Manager
¥8M - ¥10M / annum
March 15, 2019
IT and technology
IT Solution Delivery Manager
An exciting role has come up for developing solutions for retail banks and being a creative thinker on the insurance side for this major finance company. The Solution Delivery Manager for CPI policy management will play a leading role in an IT delivery team in designing and delivering applications and services for policy management in our group insurance business line (CPI). Responsibilities will cover entire software development lifecycle. This position provides direction and oversight to a solution delivery team consisting of analysts, software engineers, programmers, infrastructure engineers, deployment specialists and vendor-supplied resources. This will require efficient collaboration with business owners or subject matter experts to implement most value-added system solutions within negotiated parameters of time, scope and cost. Successful candidate must not only be well-versed in formal project management processes and practices, but must possess proficiency in technology disciplines and insurance domain.
More about the Role:
- Playing Manager of a development team of 5-7 persons overseeing Policy Management System for CPI business line.
- Management of the triple constraint: Budget, Schedule and Scope.
- System Architecture (Especially Java based web applications) and System Design (creation or review & sign-off, depending on project composition)
- System Development Quality Assurance (process + deliverables, including source code review)
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Production Support (hands-on work is also expected)
- Tracking changes in CPI market and industry standards, evaluating impact and conducting appropriate planning and execution
- WBS management & prioritization in technologically sound manner, and based on clear understanding of business domain and its needs
More about the Successful Candidate:
- More than 5 years hands-on IT experience – programming, QA, analysis, infrastructure (Visual Basic or Java is desirable as the programming language);
- More than 1 years experiences as a hands-on manager of IT application developers or business analysts;
- IT Project Management – PMP, Prince accreditation, PMBok, or equivalent work experience;
- Delivery methodologies – Waterfall, Iterative and/or Agile;
- Thorough understanding of Enterprise Architecture principles;
- Software design skills (using formal notations such as UML, BPMN);
- Influencing and negotiating in highly matrixed environments and conflict resolution;
- Collaboration – able to overcome geographic barriers to lead a globally dispersed workforce;
- Keen and sustained interest in technology trends and their application in financial domain;
- Individual or Group Insurance industry experience;
Japanese – advanced or native, English – ability to write design documents and accurately communicate with offshore team
What’s On Offer
- Opportunity to work closely with global counterparties for new projects or tasks in different parts of the globe.
- Developing your own ideas.
- Work and try hands-on new technology.
- Showcase your Development side in a Finance background!
TokyoOte Center Bldg, 22F
jp +813 5219 6633