IT Support Specialist/ITサポートスペシャリスト
Location : Tokyo
Post Date : 20 October 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : AO03-BT
Job Classification : Business Transformation
IT support role for the mainly Tokyo and Singapore offices (Partially, Shanghai and Hong Kong offices) reporting to the IT Manager of Japan. Works with other IT employees located in 12 countries (Europe, Asia, US and Middle East) to ensure that a variety of IT tasks and projects are completed in an effective and timely manner. To provide technical assistance to computer system users, answer questions and resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote locations.
(3 years+) in IT support of a professional office environment using common office software (Microsoft); ability to communicate effectively with a diverse clientele base; ability to perform duties in accordance with policies and procedures; demonstrated technical knowledge of managing Windows servers, network, telephony system, printers and a float of smartphones (iPhone).
- Knowledge of hardware (PC & Server) architecture
- Knowledge of network architecture
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including:
- Active Directory
- Windows 10,
- Office 2016、Office365
- Windows Server (2012 R2 &2016)
- Knowledge of virtualization. (VMWare)
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written both Japanese and English
- Oversee all help desk activities mainly for Tokyo and Singapore offices, and partially Shanghai and Hong Kong offices.
- Working with other IT members to provide the required level of IT support for other ADL offices (20+ offices, 13+ countries)
- Interacts with internal clients (employees and contractors) on all levels to help resolve IT related issues and provide answers to faults via face-to-face, over the telephone, via remote communications or in person in a timely manner.
- Management and prioritization of IT support cases and responding in agreed time scales.
Induction and Training Administration
- To assist and create training materials for IT services, software and hardware for local market employees.
- To assist the administration of the IT Asset.
- To assist in the procurement for software, hardware and other IT under the supervision of the IT Manager.
- To assist in the management of a mobile phone devices
- Provide IT hardware, software and equipment under the guidelines of the IT policy.
- Administer the creation, suspension and deletion of all system access.
- Oversee troubleshooting, copiers and printers, systems backups, archiving, network equipment, servers and associated cabling.
- Oversee all telephone and mobile phone changes, including routing for seating assignments
- Work with other market IT members to help support global IT solutions
- Office location is in Tokyo.
- Understand, implement and work to ADL’s IT policies and procedures.
- To document and maintain IT procedures and methods used in daily tasks.
- To establish good professional working relationships with all end-users, suppliers and other IT staff members.
- Participate with other IT staff members in the implementation and development of new and existing IT applications and services. (Occasionally)
- Evaluate and test new hardware and software technology as directed by the IT Management.
- To assist and support on IT projects and developments, the local IT budgets, agreements and contracts as required.
- Bachelor degree in IT or equivalent working experience
- Pragmatic, analytic and lateral thinking when solving problems
- Able to take initiative and to prioritize within a specific field of tasks
- Communicates complex technical ideas in an easy to understand way
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work effectively independently as well as within a team
- Results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality delivery
- Native-Level spoken, read, and written Japanese skills.
- Business-Level spoken, read, and written English skills.