Localisation Marketing Project Manager
Have an account? Sign In
¥6M - 10M / annum
April 18, 2019
Digital marketing and sales
- Based on-site at the Client’s office, the Project Manager works cross-functionally and supports all
language localisation projects managed by the client’s Japanese Marcom team. Duties include endto-
end project management of language localisation projects, forecasting and tracking workload of
the Language Validation and Creative teams, managing multiple stakeholders and project schedules,
maintaining project budgets, routing work for review/approval and delivering high quality outcomes.
The Project Manager works very closely with the local Language Validation team, Functional
Producers, Cross-Functional Producers, Creative team and Content/Business Affairs teams.
- Work closely with local, regional and global Cross-Functional Producers and Functional
Producers to set priorities, manage schedules and delivery of projects
- Work closely with Producers and Operations Manager to forecast annual and quarterly
workload and budgets, and track against actuals
- Ensure language validation network is appropriately staffed for workload and oversee training of
new resources as needed
- Manage multiple external agencies and budgets, including management of weekly timesheets
for Hogarth-based resources
- Create and manage project schedules to deliver against deadlines
- Provide frequent communication and manage negotiation across multiple stakeholders
- Develop a good understanding of the Functional production processes, particularly Print and
- Leverage existing tools to communicate project status, resource availability and deliver projects
efficiently, while continually looking for ways to improve processes across functions
- Coordinate weekly project status meetings with internal and external stakeholders, including
Producers, Creative and Language Validation Network
- Validate briefs prior to distributing through the Language Validation and Creative network,
aligning with producers to ensure information is accurate
- Provide support for overseas projects including resource bookings and allocation, travel
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an advertising agency with a Project Management/Traffic background and experience working on global brands, ideally across all media, including print, interactive and film.
- Experience in managing localisation campaigns for the Japanese market
- Demonstrable experience managing the total creative workflow i.e. internal briefing, briefing to vendors/studios, managing key milestones/deadlines, presentations/internal approvals, executions, delivery, etc.
- Hands-on experience managing quarterly and annual budgets.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in high-pressure situations and tight time frames.
- A hands-on, can-do approach to solving problems.
- Accuracy, excellent memory and an eye for detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding creative and production environment. Flexibility is key to this role as well as working beyond the 9:00-17:30 framework and occasionally on weekends• Must be able to travel internationally 20-25% of the time
- Excellent English and Japanese skills, written and verbal, is a pre-requisite
- Understanding of the Japanese market
- Knowledge of iWorks and Microsoft Office essential, with the ability to learn new technology quickly
TokyoOte Center Bldg, 22F
jp +813 5219 6633