¥8M - 10M / annum
February 1, 2019
Finance and accounting
We are the global standard of excellence in trusted financial management and business operations for the Cloud and Software industry. We enable the Company’s success.
As a senior accountant in the Controller Organization, you will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger related activities including proper application of US GAAP to accounting transactions, the monthly close, and balance sheet account reconciliation in a fast-paced, non-traditional environment. In addition, you will be responsible for SOX compliance in your areas, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and supervise outsourced statutory ledgers. Due to the various data sources feeding the general ledger, you will be partnering with various functions across the organization and international operation to ensure financial reporting objectives, along with partner success are achieved.
Your Impact (Success) will be measured by
• Timely financial closing with business insight
• No significant issues in audit both in USGAAP and statutory
• Process improvement or alignment where there are gaps among the regions.
• Process streamline within other back office departments
• Participate in global projects (if any)
• Work effectively with business partners in Japan and other regions to address business needs
• Liaison of statutory outsourcing vendor to prepare statutory financials.
• Own monthly financial close activities including monitoring close process, preparing journal entries, and meeting close deadlines timely completion and review of all monthly general ledger account reconciliations in related areas under USGAAP and local GAAP in the area of responsibility while ensuring compliance of the Company Policies
• Derive and maintain relevant reporting of financial data analytics, including monthly balance sheet and income statement flux analyses for management reporting, key financial metrics and cash flow analysis
• Partner with F&S and the business to help them understand the actual accounting activities
• Responsible for SOX compliance activities within related areas, including executing on key controls, updating SOX documentation, and supporting testing efforts
• Identify and execute on the implementation of process improvements in the company
• Assist the Team in response to any ad-hoc tasks including management reporting and issue resolution
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in Accounting
• 4+ years of overall combined accounting experience in a Big 4 or working in a large sized company
• Experience in SOX control evaluation/documentation/execution
• Logical problem solving skill and effective communication skills
• High-level fluency in Japanese and English (TOEIC 900+ preferable)
• Excellent supervisory skills, with prior supervisory experience and track record for successful development of staff
• Oracle experience (11i and/or R12)
• CPA is preferable but not required
TokyoOte Center Bldg, 22F
jp +813 5219 6633