Senior System Engineer
¥6500000 - 7500000 / annum
May 23, 2018
IT and technology
- Core Infrastructure Design and Deployment - Working with local, regional and global software development and infra operations teams to build and deliver infrastructure according to company standards and best practices. Contribute to infrastructure architecture research, testing, and design, to be able to propose improvements and new solutions. Work towards deep understanding of infra environment (hardware, OS, tools, supporting services & software) and applications that run on that infrastructure.
- Researching and testing tools/technologies in cloud service, implementing POCs and proposing solutions, working with software development teams to support their development environment, deploy supporting services/systems to AWS/Azure and do KT to operation team to ensure they can manage and operate those systems
- Deep understanding of application and infrastructure landscape, and work towards improving on-premise systems while following global policies/standards and industry best practices.
- Consolidation of on-premise infrastructure to reduce physical footprint and ongoing costs.
- Providing L3 support to operations team and software development team, to assist in troubleshooting when necessary
- Managing aspects of IT infra budget (following bidding-based procurement process, managing purchase orders & invoices, tracking expenditure, and budget forecasting)
Required Knowledge & Skills and/or Related Experience:
- 5 + years of experience in systems administration and infrastructure design/deployment
- Broad understanding of IT infra (servers, storage, networking, supporting services)
- Experience with web-based applications (covering areas like HTTP protocol, web servers, application servers, databases, load-balancing)
- Familiarity with Windows server OS
- Proficient with PowerShell scripting (can create moderately complex scripts from scratch)
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts (such as scripting/automation, pay-as-you-use cost models, etc.)
TokyoOte Center Bldg, 22F
Japan, Tokyo 100-0004 +813 5219 6633