September 5, 2019
The Systems Architect will be the design lead for a range of shared IT services that will be used by companies around the world. The successful candidate will have excellent technical judgement and the ability to consider all aspects of the end-to-end delivery of IT services.
The Systems Architect will report to the Director of Technology, Asia Shared Services.
- Foundational Design. The Systems Architect will develop an overarching IT architecture that will support a range of applications and that will be secure by design. Although this architecture will be ‘cloud first’ it must also accommodate the on-premise delivery of applications.
- Solution Design. The Systems Architect will develop specific solutions for a variety of business use cases. These solutions will fit within the overarching IT architecture and will be provided, as far as possible, with a utility computing model that allows rapid ramp up and ramp down of users.
- Service Design. Most of the solutions will be based on applications and services provided by third parties. The Systems Architect will contribute to a service design that leverages these third parties to offer efficient onboarding and offboarding of users and a high level of end user support backed up by service level agreements.
- Vendor Management. The Systems Architect will contribute to and, in some cases lead, the engagement with vendors. This will include running competitive bidding processes, contract negotiation and ongoing contract management.
- Operational Support. The Systems Architect will be the point of escalation for 2nd or 3rd level of support for the solutions provided.
- Internal Process. The Systems Architect will contribute to, and in some cases lead, the internal processes needed to gain approval for rolling out new solutions.
Candidates should have:
- A minimum of ten years of experience in IT, with at least two years working in system design either in a lead or a contributing role.
- Experience in deploying and operating a cloud based application that integrates with an on-premise Active Directory.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- A deep understanding of the end to end components that make up a Web application and the decision criteria for choosing specific components. (The components include database, application server, web server, firewalls, network equipment).
- A deep understanding of security standards and security architectures (both on premise and in the cloud)
- An understanding of security technology and operational procedures. Experience deploying security tools across workstations and servers that cover logging, anti-virus and data loss prevention.
- An excellent understanding of identity management base on Active Directory.
- A good understanding of network communication protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP), network security protocols (e.g. HTTPS, SSL, SFTP) and network management protocols (e.g. SNMP, ICMP) and network services (e.g. DNS, DHCP).
- Experience implementing and securing email systems.
- Experience deploying and operating IT infrastructure under enterprise standards for change control, incident management and problem management.
- Experience deploying Office 365 within an enterprise. Experience migrating from Lotus Notes mail would be advantageous.
- Scripting ability, particularly PowerShell, would be advantageous.
- Native level Japanese ability is required, business level English would be advantageous.
Key Behaviors and Competencies
- Be able to take responsibility for key activities and follow through with little supervision.
- Be able to communicate technical concepts to senior management and discuss technical details with engineers.
- Have an inclusive and open communication style with employees, contractors and external vendors. Be able to influence without authority.
- Be enthusiastic about IT and about IT’s ability to support colleagues in other departments.
- Be willing to learn and willing to receive advice
- Be flexible.
TokyoOte Center Bldg, 22F
jp +813 5219 6633