Technology Consulting Manager / Project Manager
March 22, 2019
The Manager is responsible for serving clients and ensuring the successful execution of projects. Managers develop lasting relationships with client personnel and seek to further these relationships through quality product delivery. The manager is responsible for understanding their client’s business and demonstrating technical expertise in their product group and industry. Managers develop contacts within the business community and serve as ambassadors in the market.
General Knowledge & Skills
- Prior project management and supervisory skills ideal.
- Interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of business ethics.
- Sound job administration skills.
- Above average written communication skills including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous functional responsibility for or a role in application implementation, Project Management Lifecycle and/or Systems Development Lifecycle processes.
- Knowledge and experience of technology testing strategies, including various stages of functional and technical testing.
- Knowledge and experience in technology change management strategies (multiple environments, change advisory boards, prioritization, and business stakeholder involvement).
- Experience working with business stakeholders to translate business issues into technology solutions and vice versa.
- Indirect or direct oversight of technical or developer personnel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology project risks and strategies for managing/mitigating them.
- Working knowledge of various database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server, Access).
- Basic knowledge of one or more development languages and SQL.
- Working knowledge of three-tier architecture and its impact on information and security management.
- Presentation Layer (Client, web front-end, etc.).
- Application (business logic) Layer.
- Data Layer.
- Working knowledge of network and infrastructure.
- Domain management strategies.
- Network segmentation and firewalls.
- Middleware tools.
Education & Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years in a related field required, preferably in professional services and/or industry.
- Experience in the financial service industry preferred.
- Professional Certification such as ITIL CBCP and / or ERP certification ideal.
- “Big 4” experience in a relevant area strongly preferred.
Ability to Travel:
- Travel required based on client requests/commitments.
TokyoOte Center Bldg, 22F
jp +813 5219 6633