VP of Finance
¥10M - 15M / annum
June 14, 2018
Finance and accounting
The company is a fast moving, lean digital content publishing, ecommerce and payment solution company where every team member has a huge stake in the company’s success. They are looking for a senior leadership role to be based in the office who will join an already talented and established team.
If you are equally adept analytically with a hunger for learning business models and applying them in real IT world execution, then this company may be a perfect environment for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Operating as a strategic member of the Executive team, plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
• Willing and able to learn from the bottom-up – to go through the current workflow in order to fully understand company’s unique business models and to find ways to recommend and implement improvement.
• Ownership of the corporate P&L.
• Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner to the team.
• Provide timely, accurate, and insightful reporting on financial matters.
• Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action. Provide financial analysis of business considerations and plans.
• Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
• Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
• Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
• Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
• Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
• Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; ie, evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers.
• Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash flow.
• Render opinions from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Corporation may enter.
• Ability to be a trusted advisor to the management team
Qualifications, Experience, Education
• An experienced leader and financial executive with technology industry experience.
• Thorough understanding of accounting principles
• Accredited accounting designation
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards.
• Analytical skills and strong operational focus.
• A team player and leader who is focused on growth, profitability, and success of the business.
• A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information.
• An excellent negotiator who is experienced with complex contracts.
• A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective.
• Game or software industry experience is a plus, but not required.
• Masters degree (MBA) or CPA equivalent is preferred, but not required.
• 5-7 years related experience in finance or accounting related fields.
TokyoOte Center Bldg, 22F
Japan, Tokyo 100-0004 +813 5219 6633