Hiring an EC Consultant
An EC Consultant plays a valuable role in your organisation, delivering Electronic Commerce (EC) solutions that allow your company to build a strong online presence and expand into web-based marketing channels.
The EC Consultant is responsible for developing an online database system, creating efficient e-showrooms and checkouts, as well as implementing order processing and fulfillment systems. In addition, the EC Consultant will offer strategies to enhance the company’s search engine optimisation (SEO) and build awareness of your brand.
An EC Consultant career
A career as an EC Consultant involves staying up to date with a rapidly changing Electronic Commerce environment to help your company build a strong online presence and expand into web-based marketing channels.
As an EC Consultant you’ll be responsible for creating efficient e-showrooms and checkouts, implementing order processing and fulfillment systems to help maximise online sales. In addition, you will be expected to offer strategies to enhance the company’s search engine optimisation (SEO) and build awareness of the organisation’s brand.
In a role that blends creativity with technical skills, a career as an EC Consultant can be extremely rewarding as you help your company identify, develop and introduce new strategies to grow market share.
EC Consultant duties and responsibilities
The role of an EC Consultant covers a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Identifying areas of opportunity for growth and efficiency in E-commerce
- Coordinating trading and operational activity on the company’s website
- Act as project manager for new content, products and delivery processes
- Prepare regular web analytic reports to provide relevant insights for business leaders
- Staying up to date with the latest E-commerce market trends and competitors’ activities
EC Consultant qualifications and requirements
It is highly desirable for an EC Consultant to hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in:
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
An EC Consultant should also have the following personal skills and experience:
- At least two years of web development and E-commerce experience
- Strong analytical and data-mining skills
- Experience in E-commerce or Internet products
- Understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Ability to use data to develop and support decisions
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar web analytics tools
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Excellent Japanese and English business language skills – both spoken and written
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with other a wide cross-section of company teams
Are you looking for an EC Consultant role? View our latest EC Consultant jobs here.