Hiring a Data Scientist
The role of a Data Scientist is to help your company make better use of data. The responsibilities of a Data Scientist include collecting, analysing and interpreting data to detect patterns and relationships, which can provide insights into customer, business and market trends.
By mining and analysing big data, a Data Scientist can be instrumental in predicting customer behaviours, thereby identifying new opportunities for revenue growth. The insights of a Data Scientist can also highlight areas where your company’s products and services could be improved, as well as provide ideas for new products to give your company a competitive edge.
A Data Scientist career
A career as a Data Scientist will put you at the forefront of the rapidly developing area of data management. The key responsibilities you will have as a Data Scientist focus around helping organisations make better use of the data they collect. This involves mining and analysing data to identify patterns and trends in customer behaviour, thereby giving the company greater insights into its market.
In an exciting and rapidly evolving role, the analyses you provide as a Data Scientist can highlight ways in which a company’s products and services could be improved, as well as provide ideas for new products to give the company a competitive edge.
Data Scientist duties and responsibilities
The role of a Data Scientist covers a range of responsibilities, including:
- Collecting and analysing data to provide insights on customer behaviour
- Develop insights to drive company strategy
- Collaborating with multiple teams including marketing, product development, designers and finance
- Reporting key insights, initiatives and challenges to business leaders
Data Scientist qualifications and requirements
It is highly desirable for a Data Scientist to hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in:
- Computer Science
A Data Scientist should also have the following personal skills and experience:
- Three or more years of experience in data manipulation and analysis
- Ability to manage and analyse complex datasets
- Familiarity with big data processing frameworks
- Understanding of new analytical approaches and techniques
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala, C/C++, Ruby, R
- Excellent Japanese and English business language skills – both spoken and written
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with a wide cross-section of company teams
Are you looking for a Data Scientist role? View our latest Data Scientist jobs here.