Hiring a Network Engineer
A Network Engineer plays a key role ensuring the reliable functioning of your company’s local and wide area networks to support a high level of productivity.
As part of the IT team, the Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and managing the company’s networks to allow maximum uptime for users. The role of the Network Engineer also extends to maintaining efficient networks through planned upgrades and solving problems when they arise.
A Network Engineer career
A career as a Network Engineer calls for a combination of technical skills and creativity as you develop solutions that allow a company to enjoy maximum network uptime with minimal disruption.
You will play a key role within the IT team, understanding and documenting the company’s networking needs, and from there, designing, implementing, monitoring and managing local and wide area networks. You will also be responsible for upgrading the network when required, and resolving any network issues that may arise.
Network Engineer duties and responsibilities
The role of a Network Engineer covers a range of responsibilities, including:
- Designing and implementing solutions for new networks and/or improving the efficiency of existing networks
- Installing and configuring network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, and WAN accelerators
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximise the efficiency and security of networks
- Maintaining network efficiency through scheduled upgrades
- Investigating and resolving faults in the networks
Network Engineer qualifications and requirements
It is highly desirable for a Network Engineer to hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in:
- Computer Science
A Network Engineer should also have the following personal skills and experience:
- Five or more years of experience in network and infrastructure planning and development
- Strong technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as SDN, SDWAN, DHCP/DNS, WAN/LAN topologies and services
- Knowledge of Cisco data networking products and IOS, firewalls, and load balancing technology
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical network solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Japanese and English business language skills – both spoken and written
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with the IT team
Are you looking for a Network Engineer role? View our latest Network Engineer jobs here.