Hiring a Systems Engineer
A Systems Engineer holds a high level of responsibility for the design and maintenance of an effective and reliable IT system, allowing your company to operate more efficiently.
The Systems Engineer will oversee the design of your company’s system, liaising with a variety of different departments to understand and document user needs, then analyse the current system to suggest improvements. The Systems Engineer is also responsible for the ongoing operations of the system, recommending upgrades where necessary and resolving any issues that may occur.
A Systems Engineer career
A career as a Systems Engineer can be extremely rewarding, giving you a high level of responsibility for the design and maintenance of a company’s IT system to ensure the organisation operates at maximum efficiency.
As a Systems Engineer you will be responsible for reviewing the current system and liaising with a wide variety of users to identify needs, and make recommendations leading to the improvement of the system. From here you will be tasked with implementing and testing new systems, as well as monitoring the system on an ongoing basis to resolve system faults and schedule planned upgrades.
Systems Engineer duties and responsibilities
The role of a Systems Engineer covers a range of responsibilities, including:
- Investigating the current IT system, documenting user needs and recommending improvements
- Designing system improvements and overseeing implementation
- Testing and repairing system faults
- Providing technical guidance and troubleshooting systems
- Monitoring systems to ensure efficient operation
- Provide technical support for ongoing system maintenance
Systems Engineer qualifications and requirements
It is highly desirable for a Systems Engineer to hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in:
- Computer Science
A Systems Engineer should also have the following personal skills and experience:
- Five or more years of experience in system design and development
- Experience in data modeling, analysis, programming, and stored procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Japanese and English business language skills – both spoken and written
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with a variety of different teams
Are you looking for a Systems Engineer role? View our latest Systems Engineer jobs here.