¥1500万 - 1600万 / annum
2018 年 1 月 17 日
- Strong insurance reserve accounting
- Project management experience
- Bi-lingual in Japanese and English
- This position will manage the execution of a series of tasks and activities during the course of implementation of the new international financial reporting standards (IFRS) number 9 and 17 scheduled over the next 3 years in the Finance organization. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of a European listed insurance group, compliance of these 2 IFRS is mandatory for the Japanese entity. The implementation will result in a series of changes and enhancement of current processes and related system infrastructure involved in the Japanese entity’s financial accounting, reporting, planning, forecasts, projections, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Following the standard protocol and methodology applicable to all major corporate projects across the group, the Project Manager will be charged with the responsibility to manage the day-to-day execution of a list of identified IFRS 9&17 projects, under the direction of the IFRS 9& 17 country coordinator for Japan.
- Primary responsibility of the Project Manager includes typical project management matters such as defining project benefits, designing and monitoring implementation schedule, managing use of resources, tracking and assessing progress towards realization, achieving measurable improvements in business operations, etc..
- Some of the identified IFRS 9&17 projects are primarily upgrades or new deployment of information system, which project activities will be managed by a different team of colleagues dedicated to system implementation projects. The Project Manager will have to work closely with this group of fellow colleagues to ensure alignment of the process reengineering focused IFRS 9&17 projects -- the primary focus of the Project Manager.
- Working closely with the local IFRS 9&17 project task force members, the Project Manager will interact closely with other interested parties ranging from finance transformation, financial controlling, planning & analysis, actuaries, investment professionals, technology, risk management, auditors, etc., to counterparts of Group Finance.
Qualifications - Capabilities and Experience
- Good understanding of the typical Finance functions, responsibilities, processes, and workflows of a foreign insurance company.
- Good understanding of accounting principles (primarily IFRS) relevant to a typical insurer.
- General knowledge in and exposure to the Finance technology solutions of the insurance industry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing business process change projects in a multi-national business.
- Familiar with the use and application of typical project management tool, templates, and techniques.
- Fluency in English, both written and conversational; basic Japanese language command is necessary.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, business or related disciplines; MBA and/or CPA preferred.